Major Equipment Used by the CORE
- Flow Cytometry: Miltenyi MACSQuant Analyzer 7
- MACSQuant Analyzer is fully automated instrument setup via pre-set calibration and compensation programs, with automated startup, shutdown, and cleaning cycles. The MACSQuantify™ Software provides user interface for instrument control, data acquisition, and fully automated analysis.
- Electrical Cell Impedance System (ECIS): Applied Biophysics, Models 100 and Zθ
- Measures cell impedance using altering currents across cell monolayers and measuring the change in electrical potential. Impedance is calculated using Ohm’s law.
- Imaging: Leica Aperioscope, Models FL and CS
- 5 slide scanner with Indica Labs fluorescence imaging analysis software; Brightfield 5 slide scanner with two workstations with Aperio brightfield imaging analysis software.
- Imaging: Nikon Ni-E upright research microscope with Elements BR Extended Depth of Focus Module-
- Capture both phase, DIC, brightfield and fluorescence images at high magnification with features, such as Z-stack imaging and multichannel.
- Mitochondrial respiration/ glycolysis measurements: BioScience Seahorse XFe96
- Measures mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis in live cells using sensors to simultaneously measure both oxygen consumption rate and extracellular acidification rate.
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay: BioTek Cytation™ 5 multi-detection microplate reader and Instruments 96 well automated plate washer
- Reads ELISA assays and the plate washer will increases the productivity and reproducibility of ELISA assays for COBRE participants.
- Organ Function: Visualsonics® Vevo 2100
- A high-frequency, high-resolution digital imaging platform with linear array technology and Color Doppler Mode allows for visualization, assessment, and measurement of anatomical structures and hemodynamic function in longitudinal imaging studies for small animal phenotyping.
- Organ Function: Moor Instruments Laser Doppler Imaging System
- Examines the flow of blood non-invasively.
- Organ Function: SCIREQ FlexiVent™
- A computer-controlled precision piston pump that can intersperse mechanical ventilation with a variety of volume and pressure controlled maneuvers to obtain accurate, reproducible measurement of respiratory mechanics.
- Organ Function: Grass transducers & perfusion set up with Natus Medical Inc. PolyView software
- Used to measure lung function in an ex vivo
- Liposome Injection: Buchi RotoVapor R215
- Rotary evaporator for removing solvents.